Yee Haw~~~~~

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by 7L Farm, Aug 18, 2011.

1. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I finally got an ice machine> In this heat wave I always add ice to my animals water & strongly suggest others to do the same. The machine I got makes 135 pounds of ice a day. No more going to the stop & rob for ice.

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Where did you get your ice machine from?

3. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I got a manitowoc ice machine rather pricey but supposed to be the best. These machines are found in restaurants & convenient stores. I guess their considered a commercial brand . You can google for more info. I had a gentleman come by my house to work on my washer & dryer that recommended this machine. You won't beleive this but the gentlemans name was Ken Moore. No joke.

4. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    Quote:Thats just waaaaaaay too funny![​IMG]

I thought Manitowoc made cable cranes.

Just did a quick search and the ice machine and crane comp are sister companies. Learn something new every day.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  5. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Kind of wished I'd but a bigger machine. After installing I thought hey I'll bag it & sell it for a buck a bag. Then sell them some eggs another three bucks a few quail . LOL.

6. ll

ll Chillin' With My Peeps

Ken Moore! [​IMG]

Congrats on the ice machine purchase - awesomeness.

7. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    The machine has to be drained so I have the drain coming out of the barn into a big bowl for an extra water station for the chickens. The water is cool so the chickens now have more water. It didn't take them long to find their new watering hole.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by