YEEDAWGEEE!! I got my next batch of babie chicks this morning!!

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by OPIE, Oct 16, 2008.

1. OPIE

OPIE Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Freeman Mo.
    Received a phone call at 6:30 this morning from the post office to let me know that they had arrived!! [​IMG] (I was expecting them as Thursday was the holiday) I made my order from McMurrey Hatchery, they were great I ordered 25 and they gave me a free rare one and shipped 2 extra so all 28 arrived safe and sound.[​IMG] I would post pics, but I havent figured that one out yet.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  2. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Congrats! Enjoy your new babies! What kinds did you order?

3. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    That sounds like one sweet deal!
    What did you get?
    Have fun with it and good luck!

If you need help with the pics I can try and guide you!

4. OPIE

Jul 7, 2008
    Freeman Mo.
    Thay are Jumbo Cornish X hens. I was thinking I might keep a couple and see what I would get with breeding my Buff Orp. roo (chicken Bob) to them. [​IMG]

5. OPIE

Jul 7, 2008
    Freeman Mo.
    Ok Sarah, I dont know how to get to the spot where I load them.
    Also I was checking out your new girls last night, pretty cool. I have 4 English Mastiffs, so I know about drool! Your dog drooling aint nuttin!![​IMG] And thay all sit outside my chicken coop door and watch as I go in and play with my Buff Orps. Drooling away, just waiting for one to make a run for it and get out so THEY can play 2!

6. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    So exciting....I'm expecting 25 tomorrow. 5 sicilian buttercups, 5 polish, 5 silver spangled hamburgs, and 5 giant cochins. This is my first batch of exotic looking chickens. My daughter is freaking out with joy.

7. SarahFair

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Like hooking up the camera or getting them from the camera to the computer oooor getting them from the computer to online?

8. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Woooottt!!! Congrats on your chickies!! Hopefully mine will be here by tuesday. I ordered mine from My Pet Chicken only because I didnt need 25 right now ahhhhh. I ordered 5 EEs and 3 Buff Orphs!!!!

9. OPIE

Jul 7, 2008
    Freeman Mo.
    Hello Sarah, I have them on the computer, but I dont see where I canadd them to my p:/osts.
    Hey Ricki, youll love your Buff Orps, I think mine are cool!! :cool Let us know when they arrive.[​IMG]

10. SarahFair

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Ok first thing i do is upload them on a website like photobucket. you must create a account to do this.
    once they are uploaded you will see several kinks to choose. choose the [*img*] one. the copy and paste on here

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by