1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yelling Indian Game

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by 27strong, Feb 22, 2012.

1. 27strong

27strong Out Of The Brooder

Dec 17, 2011
    I got 5 Indians but one of them is pissing me off. She yells at me when she wants my attention. I mean this my hens show serious intelligence. She also yells at me when I come home late to pick up the eggs. She also yells when her favorite nesting box is taken. She yells when she wants everyone to go inside at bed time. Now here is the thing, by law I had to give away 2 roosters ...when she yells it is loud. We are kind of in the hills and her yelling is a piercing sound from hell. No one can hear her in the storm or during strong winds but when there is less cars and its more silent her yelling echoes. Its just really annoying. I mean she only yells when I am there at night she is silent. Out of 22 birds she yells the most. At night the other birds chuckle at me but she yells her *** off. So any tips? Bird: India Game, 7-8 months old, no roosters in the flock, she is molting. I mean what is with all the freaking yelling...

2. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    I think I would just bring her inside and call her my wife. [​IMG]

3. TonySorrento

TonySorrento Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    South Wales, New York
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. NorthTexaschick

NorthTexaschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Denton area
    [​IMG]Good one, Ole roo!

5. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    ROFLMAO!!!

Anyway, I have one like that too. Thank GOD she's the only one I have, I don't think I could stand another. :lau That being said, I like her. I do get tired of the yelling and fussing but she's definitely intelligent. She'll come to me whenever there's any problem. And often when there's not :rolleyes: .. but few of the others do that. At least I know what's going on thanks to her.

6. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    My wife yells loud too I think I would find the loudest one and put her back outside. OMGotto is she around [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by