Yellow crust on my chickens comb, cheeks and legs. Help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by A-TeamMama, Apr 17, 2017.

1. A-TeamMama

A-TeamMama Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2015
    South Dakota
    I have serched this site and can't seem to find a match to what is happening here with my chickens. I have Daisy, a one year old speckled Sussex who began showing signs of illness about a month ago. She stopped being social and just hid in the coop. I couldn't find anything really wrong with her so i brought her into the house and have quarantined her in my dinning room in a large dog kennel and on nice days let her have the enclosed back deck. Daisy is not getting better. She is so thin her breast and hip bones are all i feel when handling her. She drinks and eats, no eggs at all are produced. She is sad. I bathed her shortly after bringing her in and noticed black specks on her comb. I figured she has fowl pox. Its not severe but she isnt improving. I noticed her poop is runny and stinky. I clipped her feathers by her vent and bathed her recently, but no improvement. A few days ago my two year old EE named Maple was limping. Today I realized it was a leg covered in a crusty yellow flakey goop. Also her comb and cheeks have crusty yellow something on them. I then checked my other 8 chickend and another two year old had black spots on her comb, but no crust. Please help

2. A-TeamMama

Apr 5, 2015
    South Dakota
    [​IMG] this is maple, by two year old with yellow crust

3. A-TeamMama

Apr 5, 2015
    South Dakota
    [​IMG] this is sunday, my chicken with no crust or drainage but black specks, ir pox.[​IMG] this is Maples leg that shes been limping on, it has the same yellow crusty flaky scales. I. Hope someone can help. I need advice, food, nutrition,antibiotics? Antifungal?

4. Beatrice&Maple

Beatrice&Maple Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2017
    I don't know about the foot, but the comb looks a bit like fowl pox.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by