1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yellow discharge.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Fancy Feather Poultry, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Today when I put my chickens in there finished run, I saw some poo in there house it was yellow liquid with some poo I think this was from my pullet could this be a Sigh that she will start laying soon or that should could have some sort of infection or diease or something.

2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    most likely the chicks were just stressed out being a new place and whne u git that strested somitimes the have yellow dischare, or have u change food latly?

3. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    ...this color is sometimes indicating worms...
    If you choose a broad spectrum wormer such as an ivermecctine spot-on or valbazen , it should cover most of them. Your birds WILL get worms so be prepared.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  4. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    What exactly can I buy to get rid of worms, The only feed store I have a close to me is TSC, what should I buy form there to get rid of worms. I have only seen this once the res of the time just regular poo.

5. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by