yellow earlobes??? *updated with pictures!*

spish

De Regenboog Kippetjes
13 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Belgium
i noticed today a little gold duckwing roo of mine has yellow earlobes? but i cant catch the bugger to get a better look!

is there any breeds that have yellow earlobes or am i possibly looking at an ear infection in both his ears?????

Last edited:
You're just looking at dirty or discolored earlobes of a normally white earlobed bird. It's normal and nothing to worry about. . I've seen yellow coloration on a lot of white earlobed birds, just as I've seen blue on them too.

finally caught the little booger. i dont think its his earlobes (arent they the white tufty bit above the yellow?), it's his 'bit behind the wattles.' they are bright yellow! his father/brother/sisters dont have it.....any ideas? heres some pics!

53434_100_7022.jpg

53434_100_7023.jpg

53434_100_7021.jpg

Last edited:
i did wipe them but no change. they shimmer in the light too, really pretty....just never seen a chicken with yellow bits there (and i have seen a lot of chickens!)

he was on the list to be sold this spring...but with funky yellowness like that he may have to stay and see what he gives his offspring.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=265074
Kev
says
"Some birds with both Fm(black skin) and yellow skin & the genes for white ear lobes will have their earlobes turn out neon green. I've had birds with them before and all of them also proved to be yellow skinned. Sometimes on these birds, they will have either green or barely greenish legs too but not always. For an example of earlobes turned yellow by yellow skin, check out white leghorns, especially pullets before they start laying."

Back
Top Bottom