yellow earlobes??? *updated with pictures!*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by spish, Jan 26, 2011.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    i noticed today a little gold duckwing roo of mine has yellow earlobes? but i cant catch the bugger to get a better look!

is there any breeds that have yellow earlobes or am i possibly looking at an ear infection in both his ears?????

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    You're just looking at dirty or discolored earlobes of a normally white earlobed bird. It's normal and nothing to worry about. . I've seen yellow coloration on a lot of white earlobed birds, just as I've seen blue on them too.

3. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    finally caught the little booger. i dont think its his earlobes (arent they the white tufty bit above the yellow?), it's his 'bit behind the wattles.' they are bright yellow! his father/brother/sisters dont have it.....any ideas? heres some pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    wash them and see.

Maybe they really are yellow....

5. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    i did wipe them but no change. they shimmer in the light too, really pretty....just never seen a chicken with yellow bits there (and i have seen a lot of chickens!)

6. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    [​IMG] Are you planning on breeding it? I'd love to see if the offspring would be yellow too!

7. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    he was on the list to be sold this spring...but with funky yellowness like that he may have to stay and see what he gives his offspring.

8. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=265074
    Kev
    says
    "Some birds with both Fm(black skin) and yellow skin & the genes for white ear lobes will have their earlobes turn out neon green. I've had birds with them before and all of them also proved to be yellow skinned. Sometimes on these birds, they will have either green or barely greenish legs too but not always. For an example of earlobes turned yellow by yellow skin, check out white leghorns, especially pullets before they start laying."

9. cabincrazyone

cabincrazyone Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2010
    NE Minnesota
    ...a very handsome fellow ....

10. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Quote:thank you [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by