yellow egg like peal in chickens eye

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by YardChikenshome, Nov 3, 2014.

1. YardChikenshome

YardChikenshome New Egg

May 7, 2014
    Hi, my Chicken 4 months old an Australope has a yellow peal over her eye...i clean it with rooibos tea the peal looks like hard boiled egg the eye is swollen i pushed it a little and more hard yellow stuff come out if you look at her it look like a mealie pip is in her eye

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Sounds like a sinus infection. Can you post a picture?

-Kathy

3. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  4. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    And welcome to BYC!

-Kathy

5. YardChikenshome

YardChikenshome New Egg

May 7, 2014
    Thank you so much i will keep cleaning the eye to make sure it does not go hard and treat the sinus problem i will place pics this morning as i do the cleaning....Mienie

6. YardChikenshome

YardChikenshome New Egg

May 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. YardChikenshome

YardChikenshome New Egg

May 7, 2014
    i am still treeting thet eye still look the same any other sugestions how can i heal the sinus infegtion it keeps on buldging up in the eye..[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Wanex

Wanex Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2014
    It looks like fowlpox if it is that, dont worry that much, my flock got fowlpox about a month ago, and now they are healthy again, one of my pullets had a similar eye like yours, and after three week it was gone. :)

9. Twoladyanglers

Twoladyanglers New Egg

Mar 7, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]

If I pull her lid back a little a little pea like yellow ball is there. She is eating drinking all good. Any ideas what I could do?

10. Wanex

Wanex Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2014
    Like I said if it is fowl pox then it should be gone in about three weeks, you cant really cure it it will by itself, but if uts not fowl pox then I really can't helo :/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by