Yellow Fluffball to ID

jinxie2300

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 26, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I just got a batch of day-olds from the hatchery (Meyer Hatchery, thoroughly good experience with them!), who include an extra chick to encourage one to give to their community (the eggs, not the chicken, lol). Unfortunately, this chick is one of any particular laying breed that hatched well that day!

I understand how difficult day-olds can be to identify, but just for future attempts to ID, I am wondering which breeds typically have pure yellow fluffballs?

I have 8 babies total, and I am pretty certain I have ID'd 6 of them based on what I ordered, and I am guessing one of the 2 plain yellow chicks is the White Rock and the extra might be one as well, but like many a new mama, I want to know as soon as possible exactly what I have!

So if there are other plain yellow possibilities to keep an eye on as she grows, please let me know!

Thank you!

(They were all very nicely adopted by my broody Black Australorp who now stares at me suspiciously every time I peek at them.)

It is most likely also a White Rock, if you ordered one and got 2 that are yellow... the extra they do try to include as one already in your order when possible... leghorn is a possibility as well though...

Back
Top Bottom