Yellow fluid under wings. What disease is this?

Pics
Dec 2, 2018
Hudson Valley, New York
My Chickens has yellow fluid under their wings. I cannot see where it comes from. They have no obvious wounds on their bodies. There's no bad smell. They can eat and do normal activities. What worries me is that most of the chickens in the flock have this problem. Does anyone know what disease is this?
IMG_3015.JPG
IMG_4149.JPG

Can you wash/flush those areas, trim away the feathers so you can get a better look at the skin?
Photos of what you see would be good too.
Looks like there is probably fluid in the areas pointed out.

Where are you located in the world (state/country)?
How old are the birds?
How many are affected?
What type of food/treats do you feed?
Were any of these birds vaccinated - if so, what for?
upload_2018-12-21_12-54-2.png

I trimmed the feather and here's the photo:
IMG_2115.JPG

The birds are 9 months old. The whole flock has 15 chickens and all of them have this problem. I feed them corn and cabbage. They're not vaccinated, because of my lack of experience.... Is this symptom common among chickens? Does anyone know what should I do?

I trimmed the feather and here's the photo:
View attachment 1622312

The birds are 9 months old. The whole flock has 15 chickens and all of them have this problem. I feed them corn and cabbage. They're not vaccinated, because of my lack of experience.... Is this symptom common among chickens? Does anyone know what should I do?

Do you have access to a complete nutritonally balanced poultry feed?

If you only feed them corn and cabbage, nutritional deficiency could be at least part of the problem.
Let us know what you have available, we can try to help you.

At 9 months old, do these girls lay eggs?

Do you have access to a complete nutritonally balanced poultry feed?

If you only feed them corn and cabbage, nutritional deficiency could be at least part of the problem.
Let us know what you have available, we can try to help you.

At 9 months old, do these girls lay eggs?
Thanks. I'm in New York state. What is the nutrition I need to give them? They do not lay eggs and they look small.

Back
Top Bottom