yellow foamy poop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickengr, Dec 13, 2015.

1. chickengr

chickengr Overrun With Chickens

Dec 29, 2014
    greece
    I find yellow sometimes foamy poop 1 or 2 times per day. chickens have been wormed with levamisole and a month later with mebendazole. they are 3+ months old. it seems only 1 or 2 chickens have poop like this. is it cecal poop or I should be concerned?

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Show us some pics. A pic is worth a thousand words.

3. chickengr

Dec 29, 2014
    greece
    [​IMG]

I will get some more later. this pic is before worming them but I still find them. the night poops are never like that, I find them outside in the run only. the poop I see in their coop is normal. my chickens sleep in the coop and spend all day in their run.

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

5. chickengr

Dec 29, 2014
    greece
    thank you.

the foamy one looks like the cecal poop in the chart. I found one like worm pic (foamy and light in colour) a day or two after worming them. I will keep checking it, maybe it needs time to kill all the worms.

6. Sutremaine

Sutremaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2014
    UK
    That's a good point about not finding caecal droppings under the roost. Do chickens not empty those tubes out at night?

7. chickengr

Dec 29, 2014
    greece
    I find mountains of poop as they are about 3 mo and I feed them well. I am a bit concerned because last year I got my first chickens at this time of the year and they were 3-4 mo and not really ready for the winter. I lost 2 of them about the new year. Now I panic all the time although I have better coops this year (3 of them) and 3 groups of chickens of different ages. 4th is coming: 1 NN chick just hatched, still waiting for 9 other eggs. but those will be with the broody.

8. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    The feed store I go to had three young birds die with poop like the one below. I took all three to UC Davis for necropsy and the cause of death was severe coccidiosis.
    [​IMG]

9. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

I don't think they do cecals while roosting.

-Kathy

10. showinbirds

showinbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    COLUMBUS, KS
    i would try worming them. If that dosen'twork give them some Pepto Bismol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by