Yellow Frothy poops, Mycoplasma Gallisepticum? HELP

MichelleMillar

Chirping
Apr 11, 2021
So I had a flock of birds I got in March my first birds ever. They were ROUGH! My rooster has had a bubbly wet eye for about 2.5 months. They sneeze on and off and are not to active but they do eat drink and lay well enough.

Problem is I had chicks on order. I’ve had them separated for 10 weeks and am so scared to intergrate them in.
Attached is a picture of the poop, is this normal?

Looking for advice on what to do?
Part of my wonders should I get rid of the 4 adults with suspected MG? I love them they are pets. Or add them all together and hope for the best? My chicks are my BABIES lol no judgments I raised them in my home and now they stay in my yard. I want what’s best for them I’m scared and not sure what to do.

Attachments

• C2282C11-93A9-4561-A492-E321FBA29B4E.jpeg
    C2282C11-93A9-4561-A492-E321FBA29B4E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 23
I'd be worried too. Have you been treating the adults? Sorry I dont know about the poop I've never seen that color.

So I had a flock of birds I got in March my first birds ever. They were ROUGH! My rooster has had a bubbly wet eye for about 2.5 months. They sneeze on and off and are not to active but they do eat drink and lay well enough.

Problem is I had chicks on order. I’ve had them separated for 10 weeks and am so scared to intergrate them in.
Attached is a picture of the poop, is this normal?

Looking for advice on what to do?
Part of my wonders should I get rid of the 4 adults with suspected MG? I love them they are pets. Or add them all together and hope for the best? My chicks are my BABIES lol no judgments I raised them in my home and now they stay in my yard. I want what’s best for them I’m scared and not sure what to do.
If your existing flock has MG, then they will be carriers. Any new birds you add will likely become sick, but they too would be considered carriers. Hard to know exactly what you are dealing with unless you have testing, but the symptoms you describe do sound like MG.

There's no guarantee you haven't exposed your chicks unless you've practiced really strict biosecurity, which is hard to do in a backyard setting.

No one can tell you what to do - do your research on diseases - this link will get you started https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/publication/ps044

If you want to rid yourself of the adults, then culling them all would be the way to go. You don't want to sell/give away sick birds to someone else. Send a couple of bodies to your state lab for testing this way you know what you are dealing with. https://www.metzerfarms.com/PoultryLabs.cfm

What age group did the poop come from and is that a one time thing or are you consistently seeing that poop? Getting a fecal float would help you determine if worms may be an issue. Poop can be from light to very dark and different consistencies, so 1 frothy poop I would not be concerned with, but if consistent, then I would consider deworming if a fecal float is not possible.

I would NEVER sell my birds. If I have to get rid of it would unfortunately be a cull.

It’s actually pretty consistent. With the older birds to see these frothy poops.
They were rescues I think the people I got them from dumped sick birds on me. But they are happy and give my eggs and loving the best life.

They have been dewormed twice since I got them for good measure. Still frothy!

I would NEVER sell my birds. If I have to get rid of it would unfortunately be a cull.

It’s actually pretty consistent. With the older birds to see these frothy poops.
They were rescues I think the people I got them from dumped sick birds on me. But they are happy and give my eggs and loving the best life.

They have been dewormed twice since I got them for good measure. Still frothy!
You're right. They gave you sick birds. What wormer did you use to worm them?

Back
Top Bottom