Yellow Golden Pheasants with a newbie

jwlpoultry

Songster
7 Years
Apr 5, 2015
Hi everyone this is my first time with Yellow golden pheasants have hatched something like a ring neck before but I am going to be breeding and raising these so follow me as I learn. Adventure started Wednesday April 20th I got 14 eggs shipped to me from someone on eBay upon arrival 1 was busted and one was contaminated lightly so I wiped it off really well and waited about 12 hours and popped them in my Incuview XL cabinet incubator tomorrow night is first candle and I am extremely excited. Any helpful comments welcome.

I tried candling pheasants and I couldn't see anything at all my ducks I can see very clearly what's going on idk maybe they're to little or to dark but good luck I'm sure ur excited

I tried candling pheasants and I couldn't see anything at all my ducks I can see very clearly what's going on idk maybe they're to little or to dark but good luck I'm sure ur excited

I candled mine and I can see pretty well will try to post pics tonight. 10 of 14 are developing even though some had pretty bad aircells. Yes very excited!!

Hi everyone this is my first time with Yellow golden pheasants have hatched something like a ring neck before but I am going to be breeding and raising these so follow me as I learn. Adventure started Wednesday April 20th I got 14 eggs shipped to me from someone on eBay upon arrival 1 was busted and one was contaminated lightly so I wiped it off really well and waited about 12 hours and popped them in my Incuview XL cabinet incubator tomorrow night is first candle and I am extremely excited. Any helpful comments welcome.
Congrat's on jumping on the pheasant addiction train, lol. From the list of your other livestock, im sure you know how to incubate. I've found out that I have the best results with temp at 99.5 and humidity between 45 to 50% during incubation but your environmental conditions may varie ie; elevation, area of country your in.
With goldens, i move them to the hatcher on day 20. I leave them in the hatcher, after hatching for 12 to 24 hours. I then move them to the brooder, provide feed and water(i use Nutri drench in their water) for the first couple of days, you can use other probiotics or electrolyes as you choose. Everyone does it a little different, so do what works for you. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom