1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Yellow goslings, grey adults?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by dutchhollow, Jun 18, 2010.

1. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Songster

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    I posted here : https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=338194, about my six new goslings from Holderaads (fancy assortment) they weren't able to tell me what they were. Now the one that was the larges is now the smallest (the grey blanket one) the others I was starting to think they were all embens (though they don't have blue eyes, not sure when you can tell) they seem to be developing lobes or fat rolls already. But now the feathers on the wings and thighs are starting to come in and they appear to be grey? Aren't grey geese grey at hatching? I will post new pics as soon as I get my camera back (dd left it at friends!)

2. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Songster

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    OK, think I might have some lavander's and blues and a buff(Americans) I thought they sold all the buffs and were't breeding them anymore, have to look up some genetics and see if they will pop up out of the others. And, do sepastapols feather out slower then other geese? The one that was the largest with a light saddle is now the smallest and has no feathers yet, wondering if it isn't a female sebbie?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by