Yellow now White packing peanuts from ideal

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LunarRayne, Sep 17, 2011.

1. LunarRayne

LunarRayne Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    SW Arkansas
    Breed
    When I got these they were completely yellow. Now they have competely feathered out and they are completely white. They have no spots anywhere. I was told they could be leghorns, but the lady was not sure. So, at 4 months old, can anyone tell what they are as far as breed goes.

I was told by the hatchery they would be all male. Now, I only have 1 that looks really male-ish. I am sure he is a roo because he did try to mount 1 of my hens. The others look like hens to me, but I am still not sure about the breed. They are all white and their combs and wattles are all different sizes and colors. The older roosters try to mount several of them, which is also an indicator they are mostly hens. I have 13 of these. It would be fantastic if they are all hens.

This is the same bird all 4 pictures (this is the male-is one). Thanks for any help you can offer!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  2. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    Looks like my Leghorn pullets. They were yellow when born!

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Male White Rocks.

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    The last pic might be a hen, hard to tell from the quality of the pic. The others are male, probably white rock as stated. Too bulky to be leghorns. They'll make nice table birds if you're so inclined.

5. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    White rock s are a good guess but those leg's are sure long............. never ever listen to the so called hatchery experts LOL, those knuckleheads don't know their own names except for it's printed on their shirts. WR is my guess.

6. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    Looks a lot like my California Whites (leghorn cross is what they should call them)

Pepper at about 15 weeks. Her comb is much redder and larger now at 20 weeks.
    [​IMG]

7. Pip's chicks

Pip's chicks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2011
    Central AR
    I am happy to hear you think you have some hens in there!! I have just gotten 7 packing peanuts from Ideal about two weeks ago..and yes they stated that they were all males too. I am a little nervous because I really did not need 7 Roosters! LOL However mine are red in color. I hope it works out well for you. [​IMG]

8. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Quote:Yep.

9. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    White Rocks. Much too stocky for a Leghorn.

10. I too received little yellow ones. just last thursday. thought they might be leghorns. i got 11,so i hope at least some are female. this gives me hope! ideal said they were malesand havent emailed back with the breed.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by