1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yellow peafowl?!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by ChanLillie, Jun 7, 2017.

1. ChanLillie

ChanLillie Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2017
    Carl Junction, MO
    My Coop
    I bought 5 peafowl eggs from an elderly man here recently. (6 dollars a piece which was a huge bargain if you've ever bought any!) today is day 28 and my first one hatched.. I was expecting the brown chicks because I just figured the parents were India Blues but the chick is pure yellow.

Does anyone know that type of peafowl I may have?

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Runs With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Been a long time since I had peafowl, but I believe the whites started out yellow.

ECSandCCFS likes this.
  3. ChanLillie

ChanLillie Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2017
    Carl Junction, MO
    My Coop
    I really hope so!! My son is wanting a white really bad. I have these 5 and then a set of 3 "surprise" eggs that will hatch in a few weeks. I really just wanted one white out of all of them.

4. chickenE

chickenE Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2017
    Cary, NC
    It could be a black shoulder. The males will look similar to the India Blue and the females are white with a little color. They are beautiful!!

casportpony likes this.
  5. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

Whites start out white, Black Shoulder is more yellowish and the wing feathers at the base under the wing will have a purplish color. Within a week the color on the wings of a BS will start showing.

casportpony likes this.
  6. Dany12

Dany12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    AMontey and casportpony like this.
  7. AMontey

AMontey Just Hatched

Jun 7, 2017
    Northern California
    Dany, have been told by breeder that chick most likely BS bronze as those got mixed in with his white pea chicks... we'll see... it's like Christmas where you have to wait to see what you got..!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by