Yellow poo - coccidiosis or cecal?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by juliecg, Feb 17, 2015.

1. juliecg

juliecg Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi all. My Blue Australorp (about 15 weeks old, I've had her for three) has been depositing poos that I'm a bit nervous about. I can't tell if they're coccidiosis or cecal poops so I wanted to get a few opinions. She seems to do them more frequently than I think right for cecal, but there is normal poo content in there too. She eats and drinks and generally moves normally, but she does sit down and nap a lot more than my other girls. Maybe she's just a sleepy chicken, maybe unwell?

Anyway - two pics of poo deposited about a minute apart. All poop pictured from the one bird. We did treat the two newbies (the other, a barnevelder, seems fine) with antibiotics and baycox when we got them. Your thoughts appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. raed

raed New Egg

Feb 5, 2015
    Yellow, foamy or greasy-looking chicken poop can be a sign of internal parasites (worms, coccidiosis) an infection, (bacterial or viral) a diet too high in protein or kidney dysfunction.

So you have to start treatment using sulpha compund such as sulphamethoxazole for 5 successive days to cover coccidiosis and any other bacterial disease. after finishing the course. look at the status of the chicken if improved it is the right treatment if no consider deworming.

and add apple vinegar 3 ml to 1 litre of drinking water and a smashed or garlic piece.

hoping recovery to your chicken

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by