Yellow Splashed Buff white tailed ??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by LMEggs, Feb 18, 2009.

1. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    I created a mix breed rooster of this color HOW ON EARTH DID I DO IT ? and I wonder how I can make another [​IMG] On cochins!
    What do you think of this roo ?
    [​IMG]

Oh and he has a single comb with 5 points I was just off taking the picture because I was surrounded by strutting turkeys

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  2. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    What all breeds with white legs do you have, that will help narrow it down alittle. It looks like he might have leghorn or maybe even the single combed white birds that some hatcheries sell as RIW's. Do you have any sexlinks?

3. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i get colors like that from my leghorn bred with a buff feather footed mutt,, lol,, people around here love them,, yours is purty !!

4. LMEggs

May 4, 2008
    I do have a bunch of white black splashed little leghorn bred hens and I have some sexlink bred hens ? but no completely solid white hens just white ones with black splashes and no buff hens in my mixed breed flock.

This fella is about 8 pounds and is fully mature too.

5. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    What about your roosters? I am going to say he is either out of a leghorn hen or a sexlink hen depending on the color of sexlinks because he is mostly white.

6. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

this dude is about 3 months old in pic,, and crows,, and out weighs cochin chicks twice his age hahahha..

[​IMG]

ohh,, he also has a rosecomb [​IMG] they dont make em any more mutt then poor "doodle"

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I wouldn't consider him buff, but more of a red pyle type coloring..or white with red leakage. That would typically come from red sexlinks.

8. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Hinkjc that is what I was thinking because of the white.

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:That's what I was thinking too, that he looked like a washed-out red pyle. He is pretty though!

10. LMEggs

May 4, 2008
    for the past couple years before I got pure breeds I had a large red rooster with a black tail and a big jersey giant black and I had a crele dominiquer cross rooster.

I'll attach pics. in a sec

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by