yellow spot in irritated eye,please help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickenoma, Aug 18, 2010.

1. chickenoma

chickenoma In the Brooder

Jun 28, 2010
    Michiana
    I have a 5 month old Lorp that does not want to open her one eye today. Checked it out and found a yellow spot in the upper corner of her eye. Looks like a little puss pocket. She is not very happy about me messing with her eye . Anybody know what it is , and how can I help her. It seems to be very irritating to her. Thank you for any response in advance. I got a picture but don't know how to get it on here.

2. mypeeps'n'me

mypeeps'n'me In the Brooder

Jun 18, 2010
    I'm new to raising chickens, but we had a silkie with a swollen and draining eye. We used my daughter's pink eye antibiotic drops and kept her eye as clean as possible. She didn't care much for it either so usually I held her while my hubby applied the drops. After about three days of twice daily drops, her eye was good as new! Good luck!

3. chickenoma

chickenoma In the Brooder

Jun 28, 2010
    Michiana
    Her eye is not swollen and there is no drainage, but it must be bothering her since she walks around with one eye closed. An antibiotic eye medication may work. Thank you. If anyone else has seen something like this, please let me know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by