Nov 5, 2018
Birmingham UK
One of my bantam hens has been producing poop with yellowish urates instead of white for a couple of days at least that I have noticed but possibly much longer. This morning I noticed all the poop under her spot on the roost was the same colour (see photo below) .

None of the other chickens have the same issue and she seems well and normal in her appearance and behaviour except that she seems to be laying less frequently this month than last. All my hens' eggs look very similar so it's difficult to be sure but I was thinking she was laying around 3-4 eggs a week and now she lays 2 a week. She definitely is still laying though because last week she snuck into the house and laid an egg in my bathroom. :lau

Any thoughts on what could be going on?
Sorry the pic is a bit blurry:
20190516_112655.jpg

azygous

Crossing the Road
10 Years
Dec 11, 2009
Colorado Rockies
Chicken poop can vary in appearance. It's the behavior of the pooper that is the red flag. As long as this hen is laying good quality eggs and is active and able to be devious enough to slip into your house to leave you a surprise token of her affection, there's no real cause for concern at this time.

You will, of course, want to keep an eye on her for any changes or trends. Watch for a decrease in activity, drop off in her appetite, changes in egg quality, and a trend toward more runny poop that may be yolk colored.

RR88

In the Brooder
May 17, 2020
Did anything ever come of this? I have a 13 week old BO with the same issue

Top Bottom