Yellow Watery Chick Poop

Corid is coming in Friday. Couldn't get it in stores. I've been reading it also could be kidney/liver failure and I've been scaring myself. No way all my chicks have kidney and liver failure.
Hoping it's nothing worse than coccidiosis
You're scaring yourself.
It's cecal poop which occurs about 1 out of every 8-10 normal poops.

I have never heard of those cecal poops being a sign of kidney failure. Kidney waste is white urates, and sometimes we can see large amount of urates. That can be a sign of kidney problems or dehydration. What you have been posting look like cecal poops, sometimes with some normal poop. They are sticky, odorous, have no urates, and come in many colors. Here is some reading:
https://www.communitychickens.com/how-your-chickens-cecal-pouches-affect-its-droppings/https://chookschickenfarm.co.uk/cecal-poo

Following because I've been scaring myself lately. We just lost a 2 week old Welsummer chick last night and I'm all freaked out now after seeing yellow, more watery poops from the other 3, different breeds. I saw "normal" ones earlier as well, but just don't want to take any chacnes. Medicated feed since day one. ACV in water. They are all acting normal as far as I can tell. They will perch, some times sit in the pines shavings.

Following because I've been scaring myself lately. We just lost a 2 week old Welsummer chick last night and I'm all freaked out now after seeing yellow, more watery poops from the other 3, different breeds. I saw "normal" ones earlier as well, but just don't want to take any chacnes. Medicated feed since day one. ACV in water. They are all acting normal as far as I can tell. They will perch, some times sit in the pines shavings.
Hi @FarAwayBoy Can you post some photos?

1588441704424.png

One of them. The smear is from it getting stepped on lol. Another looked way more like a normal cecal. I'll probably be adding Corid later today, once I get to the feed store. I don't want to take chances if the addition won't hurt them anyway or reverse any of the benefits of medicated feed. However, I'm almost 100% sure we had the same poop with our first four, 2 years ago and they were fine, reaching adulthood and laying.

View attachment 2119057

One of them. The smear is from it getting stepped on lol. Another looked way more like a normal cecal. I'll probably be adding Corid later today, once I get to the feed store. I don't want to take chances if the addition won't hurt them anyway or reverse any of the benefits of medicated feed. However, I'm almost 100% sure we had the same poop with our first four, 2 years ago and they were fine, reaching adulthood and laying.
I would probably go ahead treat with the Corid.

Eliminate the ACV.
1588442594784.png

You cannot reverse the effects of the medicated feed by treating with Corid. It is the same medication—amprollium—one is in a minute dose and the other for an outbreak. You may be thinking of chicks who have the coccidiosis vaccine, who shouldn’t have medicated feed or Corid since it can undo the vaccine.
Corid is very safe to use, even if it turned out not to be coccidiosis. A vet could look at some collected droppings under a microscope to rule it out, but waiting to treat can be dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom