Yellow/white blisters appearing on chicken waddles

Elraishem

Chirping
Oct 18, 2020
This morning when I let the ladies out, I noticed at least two of them had soft yellow blisters on their waddles. They’re soft and not scabby, and are much worse on the inward facing sides. Are we finally getting hit by fowlpox or is this something else?

They were just moved to their temporary coop because I had to go to my parents place and I still have to set up appropriate roosts and get it weatherproofed for winter, so I’m concerned the stress of that may have weakened their immune systems

Attachments

• 37BEBEAE-4367-41B2-847E-3364A2E6469E.jpeg
    37BEBEAE-4367-41B2-847E-3364A2E6469E.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 9
  • CE4A41A2-1154-42DF-9394-4E4BB0FF42D1.jpeg
    CE4A41A2-1154-42DF-9394-4E4BB0FF42D1.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 6
@Peaches Lee @Eggcessive @dawg53

Someone in a FB group mentioned that it looked a lot like stage 1 frostbite and I treated it as such, the blisters went down almost overnight once we did some more weatherproofing on their temporary coop. We didn’t realize we were getting frost temps because we never get them that early in the area we were in.
Her and her sister/wife Daisy (She’s a Delaware) are also just very stupid and stick their heads way far out from everyone else while they sleep.

They’re back in their permanent coop now so they’re all feeling much warmer!

Well, Fowl Pox is certainly a possibility. I would treat it as such and just go from there. They are cute, what is their breed? They look like my Jersey Giant hen, Martha!
She is a Jersey giant! She was sold to us as an Easter Egger but I found out after telling my mom that she looked like a JG that the bins were mixed lol

Well, Fowl Pox is certainly a possibility. I would treat it as such and just go from there. They are cute, what is their breed? They look like my Jersey Giant hen, Martha!

Back
Top Bottom