Yellow/white chicks with dark spot on head?

ohiochick2013

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 29, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
I need help identifying several chicks that look like this:

Here's what my order was:
6 SLW
4 BO
4 EE
10 Red rangers
5 Cornish x
2 Speckled sussex
1 Free rare chick
Free red star males for warmth

It has no feathers on feet and is small like the egg layers. Are these the red star males? I should've only had 4 of those in my total of 36 chicks. I'm counting 5 of these mystery chicks and I've lost one or two. I don't get it!

What color is the spot? It looks blue in the photo...and a lot of hatcheries actually mark chicks with spots of paint to tell them apart for dufferent reasons so that may fade away if that's what it is....otherwise I'm not a lot of help IDing...I know Silver Laced are black and yellow, EE are usually brown and tan and sort of wild looking, I would assume Buffs would be dark yellow possibly? But I don't know about the other chick colors...

I think I know which are my SLW, sussex, red rangers, cornish x, and a couple EE. It could be dye, that is what it looked like the first day. I guess I will find out when they feather out! I'm just impatient! Lol

If that's the spot's true color it is probably a hatchery mark. Were others in your order marked like this?

Sounds like your red star males. As they were just packing peanuts (why did you need extras for warmth with so many birds?) some folks chose to cull them right away and not go through the expense of feeding them.

Back
Top Bottom