Yellowish bumps, swollen face on rooster, pls help

Pics

madeinv

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2022
I have a 2 year old rooster that seems well but I can't tell if something is not right. Something is developing on his face and around his eyes. Its swollen, yellowish, doesn't seem to be causing him any pain but he is slightly less active compared to first picture. It goes all the way down to his neck. No wheezing or coughing. Only on him. Other birds in same coop don't have these bumps. He is a new addition to the flock, btw. Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_4967.jpg
    IMG_4967.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5351.jpg
    IMG_5351.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5352.JPG
    IMG_5352.JPG
    485.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5353.jpg
    IMG_5353.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5354.jpg
    IMG_5354.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5356.jpg
    IMG_5356.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5357.JPG
    IMG_5357.JPG
    341.8 KB · Views: 6
I am not really sure what the yellowish growths and swelling are from. How old is he? Has he been getting pecked by other flock members on his comb? Was he vaccinated for anything as a chick? I don’t know much about avian leukosis, but that comes to mind as a possibility. I am going to tag @azygous , @Wyorp Rock , and @casportpony to see if they have any thoughts.

I hope you have him quarantined as this could be contagious to your flock. Wash up after handling him before tending to your flock.

It strikes me as fluid filled and related to a respiratory disease. has he been sneezing? Or it could be canker developing. Each is treated with a different med, so it's important to narrow it to one or the other. If there is a slightly rank odor to his face, and if these yellow lesions also appear inside his mouth, it's canker and treated with metronidazole.

I am not really sure what the yellowish growths and swelling are from. How old is he? Has he been getting pecked by other flock members on his comb? Was he vaccinated for anything as a chick? I don’t know much about avian leukosis, but that comes to mind as a possibility. I am going to tag @azygous , @Wyorp Rock , and @casportpony to see if they have any thoughts.
he was a stray so not vaccinated. hes under 2 years old. no pecking

I hope you have him quarantined as this could be contagious to your flock. Wash up after handling him before tending to your flock.

It strikes me as fluid filled and related to a respiratory disease. has he been sneezing? Or it could be canker developing. Each is treated with a different med, so it's important to narrow it to one or the other. If there is a slightly rank odor to his face, and if these yellow lesions also appear inside his mouth, it's canker and treated with metronidazole.
Hes not sneezing. The sacs are not filled with fluids and no odor. No lesions inside his mouth.

Back
Top Bottom