Yellowish-white spots all over rooster earlobes, is it a disease?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Kustom, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Kustom

Kustom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2012
    My rooster is almost 1 year old and he has solid pinkish-red waddles, a mostly pinkish-red comb with a few spots that look like dry flaky skin and sometimes the back tip is blackish-red, but his earlobes are covered with yellowish-white spots (hundreds of them) that sometimes almost look like a bump but if you stretch out the earlobe skin with your finger they look flat and part of the skin. The white stuff does not seem to come off onto my fingers.

Is he sick or is this normal?

I posted this under a different name yesterday and had 4 good pictures, but no one responded to it for half a day (even though they were posting/responding to other posts and moving mine down to the bottom of the page) so I don't know if I did something wrong and no one wanted to answer me? My post seems to have been removed... so I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to ask about this but I love my chicken and I am trying to find out if he has a disease of if he's normal or if I can make the spots go away. I don't know why my other post was removed, I sent a question about it but no response. I'd put the pictures back up but I don't understand if maybe I'm not allowed to post pictures and that's why my other one was removed.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  2. Jessie66

Jessie66 Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2011
    Prince George, BC
    I bumped up your post, it had a couple of replies.

3. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Sometimes people just don't know what's wrong...or if anything is wrong at all. I read your question but had no clue. My personal opinion is that nothing is wrong. It looks like it's not something that will come off. If there are no other symptoms, then I'd just check on her periodically and make sure none appear. If they do, then repost with the additional symptoms. No one is intentionally ignoring you and you didn't do anything wrong! Hang in there!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by