1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yes!!!First baby has hatched!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Alleyoops25, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    I am so,so,so suprised!! I was just out messing around in the garage and I heard peeping coming from my incubator. And Sure enough our first chick hatched!!! I wasnt expecting to have them start hatching yet, it is like the 19th day. He looks great, he is wet still, but he is moving around, and is out of his shell. THe first batch I tried I wasnt sure what I was doing and I ended up getting the humidity to high and they were born with their intestions out side of their bodies. Now I am keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of them hatch out healthy to. It is really hard not to open the incubator and hold our new baby. I cant wait now to see the rest of them start as well. Any way wish us luck, and I am going to see if I can get some pictures to show you the new baby.

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Pictures.......looking forward to them [​IMG]

3. feathersnmore

feathersnmore Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2007
    WHOO HOOO [​IMG] congrads on the hatch ditto on the pics can't wait to see them!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by