yes! first ringneck hatched, i think hes lonely

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by silkymom, May 24, 2010.

1. silkymom

silkymom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2009
    hello, well my first chick hatched, so fast one minute no pip ans half hour later he came out like a bullet, never seen a chicken do that. im soooo exited, hes so small and peeping, hes not dry yet but hes standing, i hate for him to be alone in the brooder, hes resting his head on another egg, its day 24, the first 6 should have hatched 2 days ago, still 12 more to go. hes been kicking my other eggs around, should i give him a stuffed toy or anything in the brooder, i do have new silky chicks in the coop but ive read not to mix them, wow, my first pheasant chick,
    silkymom

2. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    I give my lonely babies feather dusters. If you give them a stuffed toy just make sure that it has none of that fishing line type stiching hanging loose. It gets tight on toes easily when they are snuggling it.

3. silkymom

Nov 20, 2009
    thanks, i found a clean stuffed duck, i dont think im fooling him, hes LOUD if i put my hand in the brooder he climbs in and id quiet, i feel bad i cant hold him till another hatches, but ill try, i put in food and water but is he like a chick, wont eat tonight ?

4. silkymom

Nov 20, 2009
    well ive been trying to post pics and just cant seem to get it right , i need to name the pics i guess, anyway,. my little peepee likes to be in my hand, but i felt bad. so i called a freind that i got the original eggs from 2 yrs ago and my silky hatched my pair., actually to find some coturnix quail that ive been longing for, he had 65 ringneck chicks he ordered 4 days older than mine, he gave me to , freinds for peepee o rename and get the he loves them and they seem to be nice to him. i will watch close for any trouble, i will try to get the pics on tomarrow after work. thanks all,
    juliet

5. silkymom

Nov 20, 2009
    here he is [​IMG]
    and his adopted siblings[​IMG]
    well i dont know how to add to oridginal title but my hen i think now is sitting thanks to ya all, ill start over,
    juliet

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by