Yes! Looks like I'll have chicks all winter!

Riocotesei

Songster
11 Years
Aug 15, 2008
N.Texas
I am a huge and sucsessful garage sailor (thanks to mom) and I just got some extra money this past week, so even better! We live out, so garage sale are far and in between unfortunetly. We tend to skip them cause the signs say 10mi to go! lol! Today we found one that was very close, and not out of the way. Guess what I found there?
A heater! Yes!

heater.jpg

Its funny cauce I passed one up a few months ago, and was mad I didn't get it. I found this for $15. I got it for $10 though cause it was a nice older guy.
So, this all means I have a heater for the brooder area in the barn. I was going to stop cause I didn't want to have 5 different heat lamps going all the time, like I do now during the whole cold season (can't call it winter in Texas lol).
In addition to this, I'm going to build 4 different brooding areas in a 10x10 wash area (cause its cement) and I'll be in business.
smile.png
I'm so excited. Isn't it crazy how the simple things can make one so happy?

All I need is a sportsman and I'm set!
big_smile.png

That's all mine have for now, one lonely heat lamp in the corner.
Someday I plan on having separate breeding pens and runs, and they'll have air conditioning and of course heating.
smile.png
I probably wont be able to do it till summer or late spring though. I love my chickens and I want them to love me, so I don't mind.
big_smile.png

Lucky we hardly have to worry about frozen water tubs here, It gets cold like that about Feb. I think it's going to be a colder winter than usual though, so we'll see. It only snows...maybe once a year and it's only about 3 in max. sometimes just a wintery mix. People here do not know how to drive in it..it's soo funny!

Last edited:
We didn't have to install a thing. Pretty sure the previous owner/builder set the barns up for growing recreational greens. Full basement in the barns, 220 power, running water, metal halide lights, etc....

Back
Top Bottom