yes! my chicks are here

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bilbothebanty, Mar 22, 2012.

1. bilbothebanty

bilbothebanty Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2012
    Illinois
    I finely got my chicks in the mail, I am so excited. I got five standard sized speckled Sussex straight run chicks, and they are soooo cute.[​IMG] Here is a picture of them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  2. bilbothebanty

Mar 5, 2012
    Illinois
    However I was upset because i had also ordered five Lakenvelder chicks and for some unknown reason the were not sent to me by Cackle Hatchery :( When we called and asked they did not know why, but they could not send us the lakenvelders.

Now i am trying to find out were i could get some? If anyone has any ideas let me know, thanks.

For now i will enjoy my five new babies.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  3. Gofygure

Gofygure Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Congrats! I'm sorry to hear about the hatchery mix-up, but at least you have those five to dote over. I have ten Speckled Sussex in the brooder right now and I'm really happy with them. They're bright and inquisitive little ones, haven't had a single problem with them.

4. bilbothebanty

Mar 5, 2012
    Illinois
    Yes I definitely like them, they are some of the cutest chicks I've seen.

5. MommaK6

MommaK6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    We have a Speckled Sussex chick and she looks JUST like a chipmunk and is quite large compared to the others (especially my barred rock!!) She is very sweet so far....her name is Petunia Chipmunk. Lol!

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Congrats They are adorable. :love

7. ChickaCheeka

ChickaCheeka Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2012
    Massachusetts
    My chicks arrived today as well, I have two speckled sussex in the bunch and they are so purdy! Lively little buggers too. Congrats :)

8. felidaet

felidaet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    Congratulations on the new chicks. Twice in the past years I have tried to get a Speckled Sussex and both times it turned out to be a Brown Leghorn. I may try again this year. Hopefully third time is a charm. Some of the local feed stores are supposed them in a couple of weeks when I am planning to get my chicks.

9. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    Congrats! They are so cute! I'm probably going to try and get some speckled Sussex this year. Right now I've got Buff Orpingtons due to hatch on Monday.

10. bilbothebanty

Mar 5, 2012
    Illinois
    Here is a picture up date of my chicks at about two weeks old, they grow so fast.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by