Yes! Or no....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chick1043, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Hi! This is my first time incubating and hatching eggs. 4 days early egg #1 hatched, 3 days early egg #4 hatched, 2 days early egg #2 and #5 hatched, 1 day early egg #3 hatched. There is still one more egg. Egg #6 was exposed to hatch yesterday. From the beginning it's air sac was to the side. I decided (carefully) candle to see if anything is in there and I could see something in it. It wasn't moving around, air sac was bigger, Saw some veins, smaller than exposed to be on day 21......Should I wait? If it were dead, wouldn't the egg stink really bad? Thanks.

2. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nah it won't necessarily stink. Especially this early. I've been letting mine go about a week overdue to give it a chance to hatch, then I get rid of them.

3. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

If it doesn't stink I would wait a day or two. You could candle again tomorrow and see if there has been movement. Glad you had so many hatch!! [​IMG]

4. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
  5. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    So I should wait 1 week? :)

6. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

I would if it were me. I always try to give them every chance possible. Especially if all the other hatches were so successful [​IMG]

7. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Pete55- Thanks I read it! [​IMG]

TinyChickenLady- Thanks I think I will do that! I would hate for it to still be alive and throw it away! lol

peepblessed- Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by