yes sir do believe they are spoiled!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by RedfogsFlock, May 17, 2010.

1. RedfogsFlock

RedfogsFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    Wittmann, AZ
    So this morning I get up and take some time for myself before doing the whole feeding and watering routine. To give ya an idea of what my Mondays are like... I get up make oatmeal for everyone first thing, and then I proceed to cut up veges & fruits from the farmers martket for everyone. Usually a typical mix is asparagass; melon of some type; red & green leafy lettuce; cabbage; fruit, blackberries, strawberries or bannanas; carrots; cucumber; zuchinni; carrots; etc etc. You get the idea!

So this morning I go let everyone out, and come inside for a cup of joe to myself. I look out (wish I had a camera at the time) and here comes this long line of birds! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Chickens, ducks, turkeys, & geese! All makin all the racket they can possibly make walkin in a line up to the house! Now we've only had the geese a few days, but boy did they catch on! I guess that was my hint to get off my butt and get them their oatmeal! [​IMG]

So I made their oatmeal and the whole time I'm getting everything ready they're all just walkin around out on the back patio. I tapped the pan after mixin and they all run [​IMG] to their spot where I put the oatmeal.

So I guess I can officially say YUP THEY ARE ALL SPOILED ROTTEN! [​IMG]

2. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    I would say so... [​IMG]

3. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Yea so are mine went to the gate this morning to send DH off to school and looked behind me to the line of chickens who thought I was going to go and get them some scratch yep I walk out to check for eggs they come running to see what I have brought them yep spoiled rotten chickens.

4. RedfogsFlock

RedfogsFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    Wittmann, AZ
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] yup! lol

5. detali

detali Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    Yup! Same here. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] They here me open the front door and from where ever they are in their run they line up at the gate hoping I will come and give them a treat. It looks like they are starving even though their feed dish may be full. But it's a treat they want. [​IMG]

6. lauraclaire

lauraclaire Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2009
    Bloomfield Hills
    There's nothing funnier than going outside and calling out "TREATS!!". The girls come running. Makes me laugh every time.

7. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    That's what we have them for! The eggs are a bonus. I let mine out of their pen every afternoon when I get home from work, and they make a bee line to the walk-through door to the garage, where their BOSS is kept. They know what is coming! After eating their treat, they go about the business of free-ranging.

8. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Video, please!! [​IMG]

9. AccioSarah

AccioSarah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    [​IMG] Oh, I love it!!
    You've got to get that on video!!

10. ourlittleflock