1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yes!!! Wahoo!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by maxxsmommy, Oct 20, 2011.

1. maxxsmommy

maxxsmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    Minnesota
    [​IMG] my first girl rose laid her first egg about 2 weeks ago... has been laying pretty much every days since.. went out this morning at about 8 am and there was rose's egg in the nest box... good girl. Just went out again to check on them (they free range all day). Counted them... (rose.. check, majestic.. check, missy... check.. jake.. check.. all 3 ducks check... uhhhh oh no where is Lola!! searched all over for her... Finally i found her in the nesting box.. with a HUGE egg between her legs... YAY LOLA LAID HER FIRST EGG TODAY!!!!!!!!!! AND ITS BEAUTIFUL!! SO HAPPY!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. airmechreed

airmechreed Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    Congrats! [​IMG] So Happy for you...I am still waiting on an EE I have to lay she just started to squat the other day so I am hoping by the end of the month.[​IMG]

3. Dutchess

Dutchess Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations!!! [​IMG] Life is good.

4. maxxsmommy

maxxsmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    Minnesota
    lol, not my first egg.. but first egg for this gal! lol now i have 2 production reds (Rose and Lola) laying.. patiently waiting on my SLWs (missy and Majestic) to start laying.. and my WH duck (Minnie) too.. SO HAPPY!! THANKS GUYS! boy do my girls get mad at me when i walk in on them laying... they scream at me ha ha!

5. Tommy_poultry

Tommy_poultry Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    Glasgow
    congrats

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by