Yes We have EGGS..Finally!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by tsiecz, Nov 27, 2011.

1. tsiecz

tsiecz Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2011
    Pendleton,NY
    We got our chickens the last week of August. When I got them the lady said they will be laying anyday.
    So I waited....and waited...and worried,asked questions [​IMG] ,wormed them, went through a molt with a few, eye infection with one,
    and finally said " probably won't get any eggs until spring![​IMG]"
    So I went to let them out this afternoon, checked the nest boxes and "ANYDAY" is here!!!!![​IMG]
    Two eggs today! [​IMG] TWO Beautiful pinkish brown XLG wonders of nature. I never checked yesterday when I locked up the coop(It was Raining.)
    Well here is the picture. [​IMG] The white one is a storebought LG. egg for comparison.(Yes store bought ,I really gave up hoping for eggs until spring) I think they are from one of my barred rocks. But a great surprise.

2. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Great suprise for you (I bet)! Congrats, and hope you get more laying so you can get off those horrible store bought eggs! Good luck.

3. ninabeast

ninabeast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Upstate New York
    Huzzah!!! There's nothing like it, is there? I still get excited every time I see one. Congratulations!

4. tsiecz

Sep 1, 2011
    Pendleton,NY
    Such a big difference between home grown eggs and store bought... They actually taste like.....EGGS...[​IMG] .But it is so exciting when they finally start laying.

5. tsiecz

Sep 1, 2011
    Pendleton,NY
    And she gave us another today....Now thats progress.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by