YES, YES, YES... I did it!!! Well, we did!!! CHECK PICS of Chicks, Ducklings & Poult hatch in same b

Happy Camper

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 19, 2012
Puerto Rico
For all of you, experiment enthusiasts!!!!
YEEESSSS!!!!!
wee.gif
I hatched 4 poults, 2 ducklings and 8 chicks in the same brooder!!!
YEEESSSS... and I turned them 3 times daily for 28 dayyys!!!
YEEESSSS... and my family thinks I am crazy!!!
YEEEESSS... and after day 10 I thought so too, but I just could not quit!
YEEESSSS... and I had the 2 ducks stuck to the membrane for 50+ hours and and to help a little and they are fine!!
YEEESSSS... and now I have to look after them in separate brooders for a couple weeks!!!
YEEESSSS... and maybe this is just a one time deal cause I have to live my life!!!

Seriously... I am very happy, but will put away the bator for a couple months
big_smile.png
this is adictive! Hahaha... I know for sure lots of people may have donde this, but when I was ready to give it a try I did not find anyone who had donde the 3 at the same time in a simple bator. I only lost 2 chicken eggs on week 1 and 2.

Here are my babies. Yes they are MINE. I am their MOTHER!!!! When you have to turn eggs 3 or more times a day for a month they are just YOURS. Hahahaha... well, until they are cooked. I raise them for meat.

CRAZY BATOR WITH 2DUCKLINGS, 4 POULTS and 8 CHICKS... someone in the middle is looking pretty confused!

SLEEPING DUCKLINGS IN THEIR BROODER...

STILL CONFUSED POULTS AND CHICKS SHARING A BROODER UNTIL I GET THE OTHER ONE READY

Last edited:
Congratulations! I'm only a week into this and I feel like a mad chicken lady, constantly checking on them and worrying about temperature and humidity. I've got 18 guinea eggs and 12 chicken eggs in mine. The chickens were added today in hopes that they will hatch at the same time. The next three weeks are going to be crazy around here.

Congratulations! I'm only a week into this and I feel like a mad chicken lady, constantly checking on them and worrying about temperature and humidity. I've got 18 guinea eggs and 12 chicken eggs in mine. The chickens were added today in hopes that they will hatch at the same time. The next three weeks are going to be crazy around here.
yesss.gif
Another crazy chicken lady!!! I was soooo worried mine wouldn't hatch the same day!!! I added chickens on day 7 of duck and turkey eggs... Duck eggs pipped a day before the DUE date and I freaked out cause none of the otheres had piped.... But everything turned out really fine. I bet yours will have a syncronized hatch too.

It hadn't ocurr to me to do guinea... hmmmm... how long do they take to hatch. I'd love to have some guineas around. Hahahaha...

Please send pics when they hatch!!!

Back
Top Bottom