yes !!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by call ducks, Apr 14, 2009.

1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    i am geting a trio of mandarin ducks this full yes i am getting mandarins. i have call is taking care of mandarins any difernt then taking care of calls ? And how big sould the run be and how big shold the coop be ? i will have a pool for every one after breeding seson. and there will be a little pool in there run too. if i put trees in there run what cind sold they be ? also what is the best cind of nest for them ?

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Congrads! sorry I can't answer any of your questions.

3. Giddyup

Giddyup Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Vancouver Island, BC
    mandarins are gorgeous, congrats!

I would think any non-toxic tree would do, maybe something that is evergreen to offer optional shelter in the winter?

We use the same type of nest boxes for our ducks as the chickens.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I don't know for sure, but I believe mandarins nest on the ground, being wild and all. Probably any tree that is native and is already in your yard would be fine, though you would need to have a cover on their pen so they don't fly away, unless they are pinioned of course. As far as feeding and such, I doubt it would be any different than other ducks, but if you could add a small pond to the mandarins' pen they would probably be happier. Sorry I can't 'really' help [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by