Yes!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by showjumper_girl2002, Sep 18, 2011.

1. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    i'm so excited! my 2 scovy ducklings have ended up being a male and a female [​IMG] i've just recently been able to tell. i was really hoping they weren't going to end up being 2 drakes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it's hard to tell in these pics but gizmo's feet are way smaller and her body is smaller too! yay [​IMG] can't wait till she's old enough to lay eggs!

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Im so happy for you!!! Glad you got a good deal. I bought 7 ducklings from a co op and 5 were males and only 2 were females! Glad you got it good!

3. showjumper_girl2002

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    thanks! i know that usually there are more males to females in one clutch of eggs so i didn't have my hopes up too high [​IMG] imagine my surprise when i got 1 of each! especially since there were only 4 that hatched from my dad's hen. the day they hatched i went over and picked to to take home and keep as back yard pets/companions. can't believe the odds that one of them ended up being a little girl [​IMG]

4. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Your so lucky! And im very happy for you!

I sold all of those ducks except the rouen drake, the khaki campbell drake, and the rouen hen. And then today I traded my calls for two khaki campbell hens. So now I have three hens and two drakes. I also have 3 female welsh harlequin girls and 1 welsh boy. And 2 rouen duckling girls. The welsh ducks are all ducklings though. I love my ducks they are so awesome! Im still so excited that you got a breeding pair. Now you can hatch little babies!

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Congratulations thats a nice surprise. I just recently had to rehome one of my drakes because I had too many, boy was it hard I loved that big fellow. but he went to a great home of a fellow BYCer so i feel good about it.

6. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    My calls went to a BYC member too. Very nice lady. The best place they could ever go to!

7. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Congrats! [​IMG]

8. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Yay!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  9. showjumper_girl2002

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Quote:Congratulations thats a nice surprise. I just recently had to rehome one of my drakes because I had too many, boy was it hard I loved that big fellow. but he went to a great home of a fellow BYCer so i feel good about it.

glad you found a good home for him [​IMG]

10. showjumper_girl2002

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Quote:i do feel very lucky! my dad's hen has had two hatches so far, and only one hen came out of each. when i went to pick these two up i just took the two that hatched the most recent so they would bond with me. it was like a one out of 4 chance i picked the one that was a girl! what are the odds [​IMG] anyway they are both my little babies i love them to death and they are soooo spoiled [​IMG] i think my dogs are jealous because they go everywhere with me when i'm home [​IMG] never had ducks before and can't believe how much they act like dogs, sitting in my lap and cuddleing and everything! i'm in love [​IMG] sounds like you have quite a few ducks they must be so much fun because i only have these two and they're a hoot! can't imagine what a whole flock is like, must be entertaining [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by