YESSSSSSSSSS!!! It finally happened!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JaciesCoop, Jan 2, 2008.

1. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    I didn't think at my age I would get this excited about something like this but I am soooo excited!!! I got my FIRST EGG!! today!!

The girls were 5 months old yesterday (my cochins) and today there was sweet little egg in one of the nesting boxes.

Of course being a person who decorates eggs (see my website) I carefully drilled it, drained it and will decorate the egg as an ornament for our tree.

And I ate the contents. Scrambled it up with a little tiny bit of milk and butter and it was soooooo good!!!

Just had to share!! [​IMG]

Jacie

[​IMG]

Just click on image for larger pic.

2. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Happy New year to you from your chickens! [​IMG]

3. kizza07

kizza07 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2007
    Oh my gosh! Congratulations!!

I would be just as exited as you if I had chickens!!

You must be soooo happy!

Lets hope theres another one there for you on the 3rd!!!

and 4th and 5th and 6th and 7th and 8th and 9th and 10th and 11th and 12th and 13th and 14th and 15th and 16th and 17th and 18th and 19th and 20th and so on!!

lol~

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Congrats!!! That first egg is the best!

5. lannabun

lannabun Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    congrads ....[​IMG]:jumpy:jumpy

6. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Thanks all for sharing in my excitement. It's good to know I'm not the only one that can get crazy about one egg!!! [​IMG]

7. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Heck - y'all will hear the celebrating all the way out in Arizona if I ever find an egg in my coop!

Congrats on your egg - the best thing about having chickens is how much fun it is when something like that first egg happens!

8. skeeter

skeeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Parma Idaho
    its the small things in life that make it all worth it

9. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    congrats

10. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    I plan on saving my 1st egg also when it happens. My chickies are only 3 months old right now so I still have about 2 more months till I get that 1st egg. I plan on draining out the egg and dating it and decorating it and putting it on display somewhere in the house, most likely in the kitchen were all the other chicken and rooster decorations are.

Yesterday I did notice my Phoenix Cockeral trying to get it on with one of my Phoenix Pullets. I swear he is advanced for his age. He started crowing at about 3 weeks old and he is the only one that crows so far. Two of the other 4 Cockerals are trying to make some noise now. They are so cute when they are trying to learn how to crow.

Jayare

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by