1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yesterday, got chicks from Country Hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Der Alte, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Der Alte

Der Alte Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2008
    Yesterday, we got our chicks from Country Hatchery in Wewoka, Oklahoma. Dennis, the owner was very nice and treated us as though we were big customers. He showed us the incubators and answered our questions. He had one each of all seven breeds ready for us. Get this. We had ordered back in January for pickup in March. He said that his feed costs went down so he had lowered his prices. He said we were due a refund or could have two more chicks. We got two more plus a tenth one that my daughter liked. He didn't even have to mention his feed costs, lower his prices let alone offer a refund. The birds are doing well in their new home. I know where I'll be buying chicks from now on.

Der Alte

2. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Wow,that was really nice of him! Congratulations on the chicks!![​IMG]

3. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    Thanks for posting this feedback. I worry about doing business with hatcheries that I've never heard of.

4. Leah-yes I know I'm crazy

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Skidway Lake, MI
    Wow that's great to hear something so nice. Good luck to Dennis on keeping up with orders now that 25k byc'ers have been told how wonderful his service is! lol.

5. cwc362

cwc362 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    Do they have a website and could you post the link , if not too much trouble? Thanks [​IMG]

6. Poultry Palace

Poultry Palace Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Live Oak, Florida
  7. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    We ordered our Muscovies from Dennis last year. I sure wish he had the breeds I was interested in. He was absolutely super to us also and we didn't have the pleasure of visiting with him in person. He is wonderful to deal with. His Muscovies are absolutely adorable and super friendly.

8. Der Alte

Der Alte Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2008
    Yes, Poultry Palace has the correct link. Remember the .net rather than .com.

http://www.countryhatchery.net/

His site might not reflect his latest prices and breeds. He had a new sheet.

For BO, RIR, Delawares and some others:
    for 1-10
    ST. RUN 2.13 now 1.76
    FEMALES 2.54 now 2.24
    MALES 1.40 now 1.13

Not many people LOWERING prices these days.

Der Alte

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    More expensive than Cackle, but customer service and proximity to AZ are pluses for me.

I'd love to see his Blue Andalusian stock.

10. crzychckldy

crzychckldy New Egg

Feb 16, 2009
    Hello,
    I've been to Country Hatchery in Wewoka 3 times already this year and never leave empty handed! We only live 20 or so miles away, so it's easy for us to drop in. Everything we've bought has been healthy and has survived. Dennis is great, as is the boy Mathew. We love the customer service! I will definitely be going back for more chicks, ducks, and geese.
    HM

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by