Yesterday was egg-citing!

FloorCandy

Crowing
Apr 15, 2020
I’m not planning to keep any chicks until the snowies are grown and producing, and I’m making them their own pen. So I decided to set the grow out to produce sex links. I have my 2 ginger males in there, I pulled all of the ginger girls out and put them in the main pen, and I added 7 more non ginger ladies. Everyone is ridiculously happy in the new pens lol. I have 22 hens and 5 Roos, there are 10 hens and 2 Roos in the sex link pen, and 12/3 in the main pen.

Anyway, during the move, I got a scaredy egg from a hen, as I carried her, and of course it hit a patio block and broke, aka dog treat. Then at night I collected the eggs into my bowl, and while grabbing one in a far corner with my grabber, I dropped it over a patio block, and received another dog treat, very out of character for me. I got inside and counted, 22 eggs in my bowl! So I received 24 eggs from 22 hens, which has never happened, but the move was crazy for them.

I get up today, go out to take the tarps off, and there’s another egg layed overnight!

76E7EC13-7CF1-428A-891F-7C60571ACC98.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom