1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yesterday was not the best day...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by farmgirl1995, Mar 27, 2011.

1. farmgirl1995

farmgirl1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Georgia:)
    It all started when I woke up. I had just sold my horses the day before and the people were coming to get them that morning.
    My mom went shopping while I stayed home. I pretty much had nothing to wear because I'm too lazy to do laundry. So eager to get my day started,
    I threw all my clothes into the washing machine and jumped in the shower. Halfway through my shower my phone rang. I ignored it. It rang again. I
    ignored it. It rang again. I jumped out to answer it guessing it was important. It was my mom saying the people were almost to the house to come
    get the horses and I needed to help show them where everything is and tell them what to take. I hung up the phone and scurried to find
    something to wear but ohh...guess what. All my clothes were in the washing machine. I finally found a pair of dirty shorts and a hoodie. 5 minutes later they had arrived.
    So we got everything loaded, everything went smoothly, blah blah blah. Except for the fact it was pouring down rain, very cold, and muddy. After they left, I put my clothes in the dryer and went to go take another shower. As soon as I stepped out I heard strange noises. I ran down the stairs in a towel and looked out the kitchen window.
    My brother's german shepherd was attacking one of my chickens. I ran outside into the cold rain in a towel and threw a shoe at the dog. As I was throwing the shoe...
    I slipped. Once again, I was all muddy. This time I decided to just jump into my ice cold pool. Finally, my mom returned home from her shopping trip. She informed me that my tarantulas that are 4. DAYS. LATE. have not arrived at the post office yet. [​IMG] Everything was fine until about 3 o clock when my boyfriend arrived at my house. We were watching a movie when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I got up and walked to the window. There was my brother's dog again. Attacking another chicken. I ran outside through the mud with no shoes to rescue my poor bird. I screamed at the stupid dog and picked the chicken up, getting my nice clean gray shirt very muddy. I brought her inside and my mom said no more chickens in the house. I wrapped her in a towel and took her to a little coop inside out barn where she would stay warm and dry. As I approached the barn I saw a large orange animal with a fluffy white-tipped tail circling my chicken coops. It just stood there staring at me. I quickly herded my flock of chickens to the front yard. I then placed the attacked chicken in a dog crate in the garage. Everything is fine now....I'm really tired. And my tarantulas have still not arrived. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    What a day!

How could you possibly fit all of your clothes in the washer at once? Mine would take 20 loads, minimum if I let them all get dirty at once.

3. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:You need to send those extra clothes to me and farmgirl. I could fit all mine in the washer at once, too.

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Good thing those tarantulas did not arrive. You'd a lost them in the mud!

5. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    I hear mud is good for the complexion...

6. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Quote:You need to send those extra clothes to me and farmgirl. I could fit all mine in the washer at once, too.

I love clothes! Plus, I don't like to wear the same outfit to work over and over. I like to go at least a month without repeating outfits. [​IMG]

7. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Awww [​IMG] Were your birds okay?

8. farmgirl1995

Sep 8, 2010
    Quote:Well we just re-did my room and got rid of a whole bunch of clothes I never wore. I love clothes too but I kinda wanted to start over

9. farmgirl1995

Sep 8, 2010
    Quote:Yes they were:) thanks

10. farmgirl1995

Sep 8, 2010
    Quote:I have a mind to try that...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by