Yet another doe waiting to kid

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by PotterWatch, Mar 12, 2009.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    This girl should be kidding sometime this month, but I don't have an exact date. I have seen some whiteish mucus off and on for a few weeks now. She is a FF and started making her udder in late Dec. It has gotten much more firm in the last couple days. She is very swollen "back there", and has been for a while, but it just keeps puffing up more each day. So what do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    I'll guess 3/25 in the afternoon, LOL.

3. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    LOL. Thanks for being so specific... could you make it a bit sooner though? I'm tired of waiting! [​IMG]

4. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Well, she has gotten much wider in this last week and when she was on the stand getting her grain yesterday, I was checking her out and her ligs are completely soft. Her udder feels very firm and full, but not completely tight yet. I'm thinking it will be today or tomorrow. I hope so!

Best news of all is that someone who bought a buckling from us out of our other doe emailed me yesterday asking if Fleur had kidded yet as they might be interested in a kid from her. Hurray!

5. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Well you probably just blew the hole today or tomorrow thing by saying you HOPE SO.... [​IMG]
    Your doe probably knows you are hoping, so just to keep you in suspense and so you don't go anywhere she'll probably hold out for a good week or 2.... [​IMG]
    (Ok maybe that's just how things work here on our farm...)

6. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

I wish you'd come build me a nice stanchion like that. SIGH.

[​IMG]

7. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    [​IMG] I'm sticking by my original guess [​IMG]

8. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Yeah I know... when I emailed the lady back about the kid, I said the same thing about today or tomorrow and then said, "Of course, now that I have said that, she will probably wait another week." . Darn goats [​IMG] .

Helmstead, now you're just being mean! [​IMG]

9. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I'm quite proud of it. I am not handy with tools, but I built it all by myself out of scrap wood we had leftover from other projects. It isn't even wobbly!!

10. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I'm quite proud of it. I am not handy with tools, but I built it all by myself out of scrap wood we had leftover from other projects. It isn't even wobbly!!

Did you follow a set of plans? If so, which ones? I need to get one built sooner than later.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by