Yet another good show cancelled...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bt03, May 19, 2011.

1. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    I don't have cable because I hardly have time to watch it but lucky for me DH is a computer genius and hooked a computer up so that I could record the VERY few shows that I do watch on ABC,FOX,CBS, and NBC. Every year networks try really hard to put out shows that people will watch. So they get you hooked on watching a new show then BAM! it's cancelled. Sorry Charlie not enough people watched it... Well if you would leave it on for more than 10 seconds it just might get a few more viewers [​IMG] I got really into Flash Forward on ABC a couple of years ago. The season finale was great, but it never came back. This season I got really into Chicago Code, but alas, once again it was not meant to be. they cancelled what I thought was going to be one of FOX's greatest shows yet.

Ok that's all for this TV rant [​IMG]

2. maple

maple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    The guy who produced the Chicago Code I used to go to school with once upon a time...I was a bit saddened for him when I saw it on the line up of shows cancelled. oh well...one door shuts and another one opens.

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

The best shows always get canceled. I think it because the "Nealson" ratings are not really accurate. I mean, have you ever met a 'Nealson" family? Are they all in LA an NYC?

4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Actually my neighbor was a Neilson rater. She got a nice little check each month, maybe quarterly, for letting them track her every move with the remote control. She was pretty sad when they ended it. I think she had it for a year or so.

5. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    Quote:Well just so you know that there are "real" people out there that are Nielsen families.....We were one for 3 years. Best thing ever!! I got paid to watch TV!!! haha....
    It was all connected via phone line and with equipment in our tv and cable box. Everytime we changed channel we had a special remote that we had to push a red button on to verify that that was the channel we were watching. When we were asleep at night it would download all of our watching information to Nielsen from that day. Pretty simple and if they ever wanted us to do it again I would do it gladly.

And no I have never, will never live in CA or LA. I lived in rural central texas at the time and we are very "normal" people.

Shows come up and shows go......there are plenty of shows to go around with all the major networks plus all of the USA shows that all really good......go to Hulu.com and you can find plenty to watch at anytime you feel like it.
    John

6. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Ah, yes. My fave got axed too: No more "Brothers & Sisters" [​IMG]

7. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Quote:Well just so you know that there are "real" people out there that are Nielsen families.....We were one for 3 years. Best thing ever!! I got paid to watch TV!!! haha....
    It was all connected via phone line and with equipment in our tv and cable box. Everytime we changed channel we had a special remote that we had to push a red button on to verify that that was the channel we were watching. When we were asleep at night it would download all of our watching information to Nielsen from that day. Pretty simple and if they ever wanted us to do it again I would do it gladly.

And no I have never, will never live in CA or LA. I lived in rural central texas at the time and we are very "normal" people.

Shows come up and shows go......there are plenty of shows to go around with all the major networks plus all of the USA shows that all really good......go to Hulu.com and you can find plenty to watch at anytime you feel like it.
    John

I didnt mean they were not real people. I mean they are to few to be accurate. I have Hulu an netflix an you can see by both that the ratings are wrong somewhere. How can shows that rate high on those have bad ratings on TV...

8. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I hated it when Firefly and Jeremiah were canceled. Then years later, after I had forgotten all about them, Syfy picked them up. [​IMG]

9. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    I hate it when they are picked up by someone else later but not finished. [​IMG] I'm with Rebel I think we need to talk to the "Nealson" family about what they are really watching [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    I think it should be required that any show that is cancelled be given enough notice to produce a final episode to tie up all loose ends ala Mash. I hate it when shows just disappear without resolution. BTW, I've done Neilson stuff a number of times and the shows I was watching got cancelled too.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by