YET ANOTHER "NAME THAT BANTAM CHICK" POST!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lucky Chicken, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Lucky Chicken

Lucky Chicken New Egg

Mar 31, 2012
    Northwest Connecticut
    Looking for help from all you experts out there!! I decided this spring to do something different and get some Bantams. Went to Tractor Supply and got 6 Straight Run Bantam chicks. (One died after 2 days) Please help me with identifying what breed they are. My kids picked them out and it has been driving me nuts trying to figure it out !!!! These are pictures of Bantam chicks at 2 weeks old.

CHICK #1 "Ziggler" Yellow and Black coloring with leg feathers.

[​IMG]

CHICK #2 "Skunk" Very prominent chipmunk stripes on back. Wing feathers came in very quickly.
    [​IMG]

CHICK #3 "Chicky-poo" Very timid and usually stays away from the other chicks. Leg feathers.

[​IMG]

CHICK #4 "Sweet little Red" Very Friendly with leg feathers.
    [​IMG]

CHICK #5 "Puff Daddy" I think he may be a roo along with Ziggler since they have been doing alot of chest bumping.
    I am thinking this one might be a Blue Cochin....
    [​IMG]
    I am excited for this new adventure with my new Bantam Chicks. Will they blend in with my Standard size chickens or do I need a separate coop for them???
    Thanks for all your help!

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

mottled cochin
    old english game
    white cochin
    red cochin
    blue cochin

and when there fully feathered they will be ok with the standard chickens

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  3. Lucky Chicken

Lucky Chicken New Egg

Mar 31, 2012
    Northwest Connecticut
    Thank you so much! I appreciate your help and I can't wait to see what these little chicks look like when they are fully grown!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by