1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

yet another reason i hate my PO *good update*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sdshoars, Nov 19, 2008.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    i ordered a hygrometer for my new incubator on nov 5. i still have not gotten it, and i emailed the seller. they gave me the tracking number, which said it was delivered to my po on nov 13. so i called the po. she said she put it in my box on nov 13, and we picked it up. i told her no we didnt, and she said, your dh must have. so i called him. just like i though, he hadnt gotten it. ARGH! [​IMG] i am gonna be SOOO mad! now i have to go research what i can do about it...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

If someone picked it up they had to sign for it - tell them to show you the card.

3. sdshoars

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    it was just sent first class, i dont think anyone would have to sign for it? would they? if they would, their a.. is grass!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Usually if I get a notice to pick something up there, I have to sign for it. It may be just us here in my area, but that's what they make me do....

5. blazinchicken

blazinchicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2008
    South East, Tennessee
    Sounds to me like they put it in the wrong po box.... I'd be pi@#%&
    and make them do something............. Did the sender insure it?

6. sdshoars

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    no i dont think it was insured, thats my stupidity. every thing that goes thru the po here should be insured, or sent ups or fedex. i think i can do something since it made it into the building, and never to me tho... i dunno. its not a whole lot of money, its the principle of the matter though! i am supposed to have baby chicks sent in the spring!! i think i will try to talk the ladies at the po the town over to let me send the babies to them, everyone around here knows how incompetent my po is. my work po box is the next town over, i think they will let me just send it to my work box. hopefully. [​IMG]

7. blazinchicken

blazinchicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2008
    South East, Tennessee
    I would just about bet they put it in the wrong box.. I use to haul mail for the po and boy can I tell you some stories about some of the idiots (and I do mean idiots) that work there. I don't know how they even get to work they are so incompetent..... I wouldn't let them slide..call the po master and if that don't work go over their head to their boss...Good Luck.......

8. sdshoars

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    well i contacted the seller, and they are going to send me a replacement, free of charge! that makes me so happy! i totally didn't expect them to do that for me. but dh is still going to the post office today to tell the ladies they need to figure out where that thing went, or we will be filing a complaint against them (long story they lose lots of our stuff). but at least i get my hygrometer!!!

9. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    May I ask who you prucahsed it from? I am looking for one myself.

10. sdshoars

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    webexpress4u

i got the envirolite hygrometer/ thermometer, it was cheap, like 14 bucks with shipping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by