Yet Another Washington Chicken Lover!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mountain Maggy, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Mountain Maggy

Mountain Maggy New Egg

Oct 20, 2010
    Skagit Valley, WA.
    I live in the beautiful Upper Skagit Valley of Washington State & I'm very happy to have found this site/forum! I can't believe how many chicken lovers are out there & so many from Washington State! YAY!! [​IMG]

Right now I don't have any chickens but in the spring I plan to get a few Marans or Welsummers or a couple of both breeds. In the past I've raised many chickens including Barred Rocks, Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons & Jersey Giants. I'm very excited about getting some new hens! I've really missed having farm fresh eggs from my own chickens.

I live alone with one cat (Poppy), one mini dachshund (Ryker) and one Min Pin (Tyson). My son is grown & engaged to be married in February. They already have one beautiful daughter (5 months old now) & I can't wait until she's old enough to take out & collect eggs with me. [​IMG]

My other hobbies are organic gardening, genealogy & computer gaming. For exercise I do a little weight lifting since it's good for your bones, heart, muscles, attitude.

A friend is going to build me a chicken tractor in the late winter/early spring & when it's done I'll be looking for some hens to go into it. I can't wait to collect some of those beautiful chocolate eggs! Glad I found this forum because it'll give me plenty of reading material while I wait for spring. [​IMG]

2. lacasitarojafarm

lacasitarojafarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Skagit Valley, WA
    Hello from Mount Vernon WA! We're fellow Skagitonians!

[​IMG]

3. Mountain Maggy

Mountain Maggy New Egg

Oct 20, 2010
    Skagit Valley, WA.
    Well hello there! [​IMG] What kinda chickens do you have? And yes, we sure do live in a beautiful place don't we?

4. Kat's Silly Chickens

Kat's Silly Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    South Central Texas
    [​IMG] from Texas Nice to meet you...

5. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
  6. omahalostpunk

omahalostpunk Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2010
    Council Bluffs
    Howdy from Whidbey Island

7. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Greetings from Tucson and [​IMG] Good luck with getting your birds!

8. Mountain Maggy

Mountain Maggy New Egg

Oct 20, 2010
    Skagit Valley, WA.
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. [​IMG]

9. lacasitarojafarm

lacasitarojafarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Skagit Valley, WA
    Quote:Yes it's very pretty and escept for Tuesday we've had lovely weather. I have Buff and Lavender and Black Orpingtons. I have a few RIR and Cuckoo Marans. I have some spash and copper Marans. I also have a Wyndotte that is broody right now and some naked Neck chickens. If you ever want to visit the chickens PM me. [​IMG]

10. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by