1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yey! Yey! I'm a ninnycompoop!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Squishy, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    So, about 4 days ago or so, I set my Kindle down on my pillow while I was tugging the sheets off my bed to do a wash... and thought to myself as I was gathering things up, "I must remember to put my Kindle up before I leave the room"... went about my business and took the things to the wash.. dittered about in the kitchen for a bit.. then came back to my room, where my dear puppy Squishy was left (so the grouchy 'ole Rosie monster doesen't eat him).. to find my Kindle on the floor and chew marks on it [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Very upset I was indeed.. as I couldn't even blame the puppy for it [​IMG] I just picked it up and went out of the room to pout over it.

The screen looked okay, there were only a couple indentations in the bottom right corner, so I set about trying to turn it on.. and it wouldn't come on! [​IMG]
    So I went about a real grump.. especially as I had just downloaded a really exciting book.. and then I couldn't call the Kindle help line because it was Easter.

So, finally, today, I got ahold of the help line.. and the first lady told me I would need to just buy a new Kindle but it would only be half price.. I had to go check my account balance, so I ended up calling back an hour later and got a different person... and the fellow first tried to help me reset it.. and then had me plug it in and wait an hour... so I waited two hours and still no call back from him as he had promised (turns out he tried but there was some problem with the lines).. so I called them back 15 minutes ago and got yet another person... and as I was explaining to him why I wanted to talk to the other fellow, I slid the power button on my Kindle and it turned on!!!!!! [​IMG]
    It works perfectly! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Well, except for the 'back' button, which was dented in and no longer works.. but there are other buttons I can substitute for it.

So, why, why, didn't I think to just plug the darn thing in 4 days ago? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Im happy! So happy!
    I have a brand new book waiting for me! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Oh man! You know what's funny. . . puppies also like to chew real books, too. I work in a library and so many books get chewed on by dogs. DVDs, too.

3. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    I had a kitten once, who would chew on paper books.. Where can you put a gazillion books where a kitty can't get them? [​IMG]

I'm terrible on paper books.. as I often have to take them in the bath with me and end up drowning them, or eat with them (even at restraunts), or take them outside with me... it's a good thing I wound up buying all my books rather than borrowing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by