Yikes! Cackle Hatchery related, should I be worried?????

Double T

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 11, 2011
W Texas
I placed an order with Cackle Hatchery on the 15th of March, I called and asked about dates and the lady told me that they'd prob arrive the last of April, first of May, said ok, and thanks, hung up and placed it online. ON the site it said that you card woudl be charged the day you ordered, it wasn't, and I read on here that they charge when they ship, no biggie. BUT yesterday I got a notification that my card was charged, does that mean they are shipping early? Tried to call but they are closed on the weekends. We live a bit out in the boonies and I haven't gotten feed, a feeder, a waterer, or even a brooder ready, was planning on that when we went into the City in a few weeks, if those babies arrive Monday or Tuesday I'm gonna be scrambling! But I was figuing on having another month to get ready, we are in the process of moving so in between houses right now too. UGG For the ones that have ordered from them, how did they handle that with y'all??

Cackle charges at time of order. They ship on Monday and Wednesday, and if you ordered online you will get notification of shipping date.

These came from Cackle on Thursday. Alive and well.

57171_dscn1794.jpg

Quote:
See that's the problem, our 'local farm supply' is 2 hours away. lol Our PO is like 20 minutes away but the town is really small and not much more than a PO, school, and convience store. LOL Our local feed store is 1 hour away, they do have the Purina Medicated chick starter/grower, but nothing else. LOL

I doubt the shipment will arrive early. They dinged your card so they would have your money to use for the next month+. When you call they will probably tell you they ding your card to reserve the shipment. A better way would be to require 25-50% down non-refundable.

My card was charged weeks ago. This was weeks after I had ordered and weeks before before my chicks are due to arrive. I've been trying to reach them b/c all the chicks I ordered are "sold out" for the season. I hope they call if they need to substitute!

Quote:
lol I was planning on trying to get ahold of them tomarrow morning and see, but wanted to ask today and see how they'd handled everyone elses orders.

Our local farm supply store gets all thier chicks from Cackle (and a few from Ideal). They were complaining that this year they were not getting the chicks they were ordering, they werent getting shipped when they were supposed to, ect. So this year they were having trouble in general. We are only about 2 hrs away from Cackle..hence why they use them. The guy siad that normally they have no issues w/ Cackle...so not sure what is going on w/ them this year.

thumbsup.gif
I ordered from Cackle and it took 10 days for the order to processed, that is when they charged my card. I received an email with my invoice that has the correct ship date at the top. If you have received your invoice check it for a ship date at the top left, then u will know when your lil fizzles will arrive. I an eagerly awaiting mine...they are shipping at the end of April so we have time to get everything ready
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom