1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yikes!! I just bought 12 more, no 13 chicks!(pics included)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by equine chick, Apr 25, 2007.

1. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I got a call from the feed store today, and i'm very friendly with the young girl that runs the store. She told me she ordered too many americauna pullets, would i be interested? I bought a dozen of the americaunas and will be picking them up on saturday. I got them for a dollar each for taking them off her hands. She meant to order only 5o but ordered 150, lots of lil cuties. I bought one americauna from them 2 weeks ago and she is the prettiest, most friendly lil hen. I also have an order coming from meyer on may 7 with 4 more americaunas. I probally will be up to my eyeballs later with eggs, but i don't care.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  2. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    What good luck! I don't think it is possible to ever have too many eggs. You can bake, make bread, pickle or freeze them.

3. chickiepooh

chickiepooh Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2007
    Otsego, Minnesota
    I wish I could have more chickens where I live... I'd have many more! [​IMG] Wait... maybe it is a good thing I can only have so many! [​IMG]

4. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Way to go on being friendly at the feed mill.
    You just never know when good fortune is coming..... That is a great deal![​IMG]

bigzio

5. jmantoo1

jmantoo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    hi great luck on the chicks .be careful they will become additicing i started with 3. 2 months ago i now have 56 with 22 in the broder and new brooder coming tommorow and buying 4 doxen rirs to set . please help me i cant control myself [​IMG]

6. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I got my babies today and ended getting 13 a bakers dozen and they are so cute and very gentle. I posting just a few pics, they are all so different.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    They are adorable!!!!
    Ijust got 3 of that breed today. They look very similar to yours. [​IMG]

8. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    There are so cute this morning, not even a week old and trying to fly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by