Yippee!!! 1st Blue egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BWKatz, Dec 19, 2010.

1. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    At 28 wks, my easteregger Ella gave me a xmas present. Her leghorn sister has been giving me daily eggs since 22 wks, so she finally got tired of her showing off. No puny 1st eggs for either of them... nice firm shell. She woke my husband up with her yodeling this am. Now I just have to see how often she's going to lay. Sorry for the quality of pics, just cell phone. It really is a lt blue, kinda between the two pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lyon3mchics

Lyon3mchics Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2010
    Northern Michigan
    So cool!

3. cleoandtheo

cleoandtheo Chillin' With My Peeps

So happy for you AND Ella! What a thrill, isn't it? [​IMG]

4. Catz1611

Catz1611 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2010
    Fredericksburg VA.
    YAY!![​IMG]

I know how excited you must have been. I just got my first blue egg yesterday and I was soo thrilled..then i thought to myself, "how funny getting this excited over a chicken laying an egg..isn't that what they're Supposed to do??" [​IMG][​IMG] HA!

soo now, I too am waiting to see if she lays another one soon. today was a no show.

Hope you get another egg soon as well! [​IMG]

5. viktoriacl

viktoriacl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Must be first blue egg week! Got mine this week too! About the same age! Congrats
    [​IMG]

6. Mark & Nique

Mark & Nique Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Me, too! Our EE began laying almost to the day of her 6 month hatching date.

7. outlawfarmer

outlawfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    New Hampshire
    just got our first blue a week ago, very cool

8. BWKatz

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    Thank you all for ur kind comments. Congrats to Cats and Viktoria and also Mark & Nique on ur eggs. Ella had no egg this am so I guess she's going to be an every other dayer. LOL. We'll see. She's worth it for her purty blue eggs. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  9. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    It is beautiful! I am excited every single time I see a blue egg in my coop. My hubby thinks I am crazy.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  10. BWKatz

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    I guess I spoke too soon. I went out too bring them in to their coop and there in the middle of the pen was a blue egg. [​IMG] She is probably afraid to go back in the nest box... she tipped it over on herself the other day and couldn't get out. [​IMG] Hopefully she'll get over it. Anyway looks like she's going to be a daily. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by