Yippee!!! Egg time!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by akcskye, Feb 12, 2008.

1. akcskye

akcskye Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Yesterday, I found my first egg in the hen house after we found our rooster dead (my post in diseases/emergencies has that information)...so that issue took up my time to where I couldn't post.

Today, another egg.

Don't know from who yet...I assume from my older girls...but hey...a month early...eggs starting...I'm one happy lady! [​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Congrats on the eggs! What a great reward for all the hard work!

3. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    Yeah! [​IMG] the best feeling that first egg and every one to follow will be just as wonderful.

[​IMG]

4. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    Yesterday, I found my first egg in the hen house after we found our rooster dead (my post in diseases/emergencies has that information)...so that issue took up my time to where I couldn't post.

Is it at all possible your poor Roo fertilized that egg before he passed? Maybe you can hatch it?

Don't laugh i am new to all this. [​IMG]

5. akcskye

akcskye Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Churken...no, not laughing at all.

Unfortunately, none of the hens went broody and I have no brooder, so even though I believe the egg was fertilized, it wasn't "viable" because it got cold.

I have a hen who went broody and hatched that rooster and 2 other roos and 3 girls last year...now all I have from that hatch are the 3 girls [​IMG]

But, she said it was too cold to sit right now. haha

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by