Yippee!!!! found a araucana and a maran breeder!!!!! WOOPY!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by americana-chick, Jan 19, 2009.

1. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    i am so happy i think i will pick them up soon. they are standard of perfection quality birds, or at least suppose to be very close. i will go out there and pick the ones i want so i will at least get a good looking one. his marans might not be though... they might not be pure pure because they have feathered feet but still lay the egg color they are suppose to lay.
    but i dont care. i am mostly getting them for the eggs. and he told me the araucanas are rumpless and tufted and are standard of perfection quality.

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

You might want to do some reading before you go buy the birds. You are aware that many marans have feathered feet?

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:[​IMG]

4. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    yep. i am aware and yes i have done research on the breeds befor. its not so much the standard of perfection, its the fact that i finally found someone near me selling chickens. [​IMG] and that they are rare chicken breeds. i will be going out to the persons place to look at the birds in a few days and i will see if i like them and want them. if i deside right then and there that i want them i will take them home that day.

5. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Hey Bri, I'm looking for some good Araucanas in Kansas. How far are these breeders from Ottawa. Let me know if they have extras. The Marans that will be admitted to the APA Standard are giong to have feathered legs.

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:I'm sorry, when I read this I thought you were confused since you implied they weren't pure because of feathered feet. Just trying to send you in the right direction. [​IMG]

7. chantecler

chantecler Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Moncton New Brunswick
    HI AMericana Chick

Can you send the breeder contact info? I really really want more Aruacanas- I only have one pullet

thanks
    n:_) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by